Anyone got an NDI Cam working?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    martyw
    Participant

I have the app ‘NDI HX Camera’ running on my iPhone but it doesn’t appear in the Camera ‘get device list’.
    NewTek NDI Video is in the list but selecting it and pressing ‘start’ doesn’t do anything.

With the same app running if I open Resolume Arena the camera is listed in the sources as an NDI Server called ‘IPHONE NDI HX CAMERA’.

Am I missing some type of set up or permission?

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi martyw,

Unfortunately NDI isn’t directly supported at the moment, only Spout for sharing textures. The NDI to Spout programs might work for you though – you should be able to find them in the download section of the Spout website.

https://spout.zeal.co/

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Marty – I’ve just tested the NDI-to-Spout app and it’s working for me, so there’s no reason that it shouldn’t with your ‘NDI HX Camera’ app. Here I’m broadcasting NDI from Resolume to NDI-to-Spout, and then selecting that as a source under the Spout tab in FF (click getavailablesenders and select it from the drop-down menu).

rhizome78
    Keymaster

There appears to be some latency between Resolume and the NDI-to-Spout in the video above though – I’m not a Resolume/NDI user, so there may be a way of rectifying that.

martyw
    Participant

This is great! Thanks for the ‘NDI to Spout’ suggestion, I can confirm it’s working with ‘NDI HX Camera’ running on my iPhone.

rhizome78
    Keymaster

That’s great martyw – are you experiencing any latency issues as I did in the video above? I’ll aim to offer NDI as soon as I can. I was hoping that Cycling74 would embrace it and offer official support at some point. There is a new third-party external by David Butler which looks great, but I prefer not to rely on third-party objects due to maintenance/compatibility issues further down the line, so it’s either wait for official support or write my own external. Anyway, I’m glad that we’ve found a workaround for the time being.

martyw
    Participant

I have the same latency issues as in your video.
    I’m not really knowledgeable with NDI or Spout to know if it’s fixable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.