Camera Source doesn’t start

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tim Greiser
    Participant

Windows 10 – 64 bit

I can get device list, I see my webcam and my virtual webcam drivers. Select Logitech HD Webcam C615. I don’t see any inputs. When I click the start button nothing happens. I can change dimensions, but nothing really causes a visible result. The screen stays gray and my webcam LED never comes on.

File and spout input are working correctly.

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Tim – thank you for the report. Let me run some tests at my end to make sure that there’s not a more general problem with that feature. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Tim – I did some tests at my end and it’s working with my Microsoft webcam and OpenBroadcaster’s VirtualCam plugin. This is probably unlikely but just to rule it out, is there any chance that your privacy settings are preventing FF from accessing the camera? If you use the Windows search function to find “Camera Privacy Settings” are the relevant permissions toggled on (“Allow desktop apps to access your camera” etc). If I toggle that to off I see the same thing – the device is listed but the start button has no effect. As I said, just to rule it out as a possible cause.

Tim Greiser
    Participant

No privacy settings are enabled. Fragment:Flow doesn’t show on the list of desktop apps that have accessed the camera.

Oddly enough I got it to work by picking the list item below my actual webcam and clicking start. I can use the Logitech by picking OBS-Camera and I can use OBS-Camera by picking OBS-Camera2.

View post on imgur.com

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Tim – that is odd. Maybe there’s something screwy when populating the menu and the device ids – I very rarely use the webcam feature and few of my Beta testers seem to use it either, so it’s possible that something has been missed. I’ll take a closer look at my implementation and get back to you – sorry about this. Is FF listed now that you’ve accessed the camera via the method above?

Tim Greiser
    Participant

> Is FF listed now that you’ve accessed the camera via the method above?

No, it still doesn’t show under camera privacy.

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Tim – I’m still investigating what might be causing this. It’s sounds like the device ids are offset by one for some reason, but I’ve not found the reason why this might occur yet. I’ll keep you posted.

Contra
    Participant

Same here.
    And I find that my Max8 also has this issue default about jit.grab.
    I fixed it when change video engine from viddle(default) to qt.
    But I don’t know how to setup in FF.(I buy it today XD)

And below is another post FYI:
    https://cycling74.com/forums/jit-grab-not-working

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi All – Contra and myself have been corresponding privately and he’s helped me to isolate the issue. It seems that Max’s jit.grab object fails to default to the correct format for a minority (it works as is on my machine). I’ve rolled a fix into the next update which should be ready for release soon, but I’ve made a little standalone exe which should provide a workaround for the time being. This will grab your camera input and then you can route it to FF via Spout – just a temporary solution:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wQfpQzQ89lFFvjKByqnlaZAOlmuZtl4w/view?fbclid=IwAR3dATlTB7844FvxtfSRddMOOG_5rBXOHrVER6uoUAbXjdf-IDl4fZ-dZGM

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.