clamping feature.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    xpez
    Participant

I guess this is idea goes against the nature of the format but if there was a way to clamp highest brightness values in the final output.. sometimes I have come upon a nice groovy setting but these little pesky noisy pixels are floating in and out of brightness..but the overall setting is great. It would be nice to be able to go to the post process and turn those extra bright pixels down to a max allowed level..in 3d in the render like Vray they have a function called clamping and it allows you to turn off the the tiny firefly pixels that pop up sometimes in a render..

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Xpez 🙂

Yes, assuming that I’ve understood you the visual artifacts that you mention are a property of the Reaction Diffusion code itself (and it varies between shaders). I’d need to add some means of minimising them in the shaders themselves – but it’s probably achievable. I wouldn’t want to eradicate the behaviour entirely though – with the right effects they can be quite beautiful (blurs and glows produce a shimmering quality etc). I’ll revisit the shaders at some point and see.

There are probably ways to eradicate them now – a slight, subtle displacement effect on the feedback loop might do the trick (luma displacement etc). Also, increasing the contrast at the pre-shader stage will often remove much of the noise.

Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.