export

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joseph mwangi
    Participant

exporting? How do i export

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph,

As I say in the description, unfortunately there isn’t a built-in way to record video directly via the software. You can export hi-res stills using the icon at the bottom of the GUI, but for video you need to use either software capture or a dedicated hardware device.

Hardware is preferable because it doesn’t compete with the generative computer for resources while capturing (I use an older Atomos Inferno, but the Ninja V would be my choice now). That said, you can still get good results with software capture if your PC is sufficiently powerful.

OBS and the Spoutcam plugin is my favoured software method – the link below should provide you with the components that you’ll need. There are other options too – basically anything capable of receiving Spout and recording should work (a few users use Touch Designer).

Hardware:
    https://www.atomos.com/

(BlackMagic Design make similar devices)

OBS method:
    https://spout.discourse.group/t/obs-studio-and-spoutcam/97

Please feel free to contact me via email if you need help.

Best Wishes

Paul (rhizome78)

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Once you’ve installed the components outlined in the link above, you should be able to add a “Spout2 Capture” source and stream the output directly from Fragment:Flow into OBS for capture.

rhizome78
    Keymaster

Example:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joseph mwangi
    Participant

thanks for this

rhizome78
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Joseph, thank you for your support. Feel free to contact me via contact@fragmentflow.com if you need more details/help – it can take a bit of experimentation to find suitable values for the x264 codec in OBS, but the results can be very good in my experience.

joseph mwangi
    Participant

sure.
    just wrote to you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.